Thursday, May 9, 2013

the first moment of my day must be a dream

Today's topic: ' a moment in my day'





5:00 am. Ben's alarm goes crazy. He get's up.Takes a shower. I roll over and pretend like I'll sleep another 5 hours. I don't. Instead, I get up, but not wake up. I head over to the kitchen. Pouring the water into the coffee maker must be what wakes me up, such concentration not to spill. It feels surreal. Next, I gather ingredients for a power smoothie, the real breakfast of champions. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries sometimes rasberries, spinach sometimes kale, almond milk, yogurt, coconut oil. The obnoxiously loud machine is what really brings me into the waking world. a Morning kiss from a clean husband, who himself is coming slowly to the truth that he is awake. It is another day. Sometime we stare into far off spaces. We finish off dreams, or laugh about what we can recall. We talk. We  plan. We imagine it was Saturday. Just like that we move on. I pack a lunch. Ben re-irons a shirt. We speak life and love over each others coming day. Ben leaves. I pray for him. Should I get started on my day? I don't, the bed is suddenly reminding me of it's charms. Drifting off, only to wake up all over again and earlier feels like a lovely dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment