Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday: Thank you and Chick peas.

Firstly, thank you to everybody who sent me a message regarding yesterdays more personal post.  This blog is a weird and wonderful place and despite my love/hate relationship with having one, it does really have it's advantages. 

I hope to keep this blog a real little corner of the internet, and real sometimes will include the challenges of an authentic life.
While I don't feel the need to share 'and today i did this, then felt like that, then saw this...' I do have a deep desire to somehow feel connected to people in my life, not just the South Africans, but people I know from all over and opening up to people I've never met.  Why would I want to do that? I don't know, but I'm doing it.

I'm rambling.

Notice how I've decided to bring back the CAPS? Guess things are getting serious around here.

Secondly, let me share with you my new favorite snack.

And it's healthy! You should totally try it!
You'll need:

a Can of chick peas (also known as Garbanzo Beans)
Splashes and splashes of olive oil
Seasoning of your choice.
My favorites are salt and pepper or garlic powder and Parmesan cheese, but the possibilities are endless. Think paprika, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, Italian herbs...

You'll have to:
Preheat the oven to 425F/ 220C
Drain and dry as much as possible
Toss in a bowl and splash generous amounts of olive oil (but not toooooo much)
Add seasoning
Toss around some more
Stick it in the oven for 25-30 minutes
Let cool and munch away with a smug smile on your face,  feeling superior to potato-chip eaters.




No comments:

Post a Comment